Beard Food: Mushrooms
Did you know there are many health benefits to eating mushrooms? Often used as a substitute for meat, #Mushrooms are excellent sources of antioxidants in general as they contain polyphenols and selenium.
Some mushrooms even have specific health benefits, like the Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum). This mushroom's heath benefits include:
• Antibacterial, antiviral (Herpes, Epstein-Barr), antifungal (including Candida) properties
• Anti-inflammatory, useful for reducing symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
• Immune system up-regulation
• Normalization of blood cholesterol levels and blood pressure
• Reduction of prostate-related urinary symptoms in men
Mushrooms are a powerhouse of potent nutrition, and we highly recommend adding some to your diet. Mushroom Burgers are a personal fave, but also adding them to a salad or sautéing them up with some fresh veggies make for quick, delicious and nutritious meals! Here's a vegan recipe to make your own!